A Programmer's Variant of Colemak.
In development since 2011.
I will be extremely brief & to the point.
- "Wide Angle Modification"
- Right hand has shifted one column.
- Less stress on right wrist
- Layout is now symmetrical
Shift R +
Level5 is easier to reach.
- "8 Layer Layout"
- Allows ~200 extra character inputs on 8 layers, Accessible by these modifiers:
Level3 aka Altgr
Add these to lines to enable within any layout found here:
Caution: Make backups.
include "level3(lalt_switch)" // Left Alt
include "level5(ralt_switch)" // Right Alt
1230 are most common; placed on home row.
O share the same key.
- Close access to math operators
- 10× less searching compared to
- Without the "Wide Angle Mod", the thumb will cramp up reaching for
- Amazing for document editing.
Enter replaced by
Shift's are replaced by
Shift's are 3× more comfortable
Control's are 5× more comfortable
Capslock not missed. Prefer
- Placed on
o as vim uses
o to return newlines.
- 1.3× more difficult to use.
Backspace Pinky: Deletes Left.
'D'elete Index: Deletes Right.
Escape feels best on Ring Finger.
Home inspired by common vim modifications:
Sert: Edit at beginning of line.
- Append [
T]: Edit at end of line.
Backspace 10× more convenient.
Delete 20× more convenient.
Escape 15× more convenient.
End 200× more convenient.
Map characters or functions to the modifier keys, that only execute upon a key release. For example:
Shift and no other keys.
- If you release it within 1 second, Its alternative key would execute.
And that's that.